Reporting to: Head of Purchasing
Hours: 41.25 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with Experience & Opportunity
We are continually developing our innovative and unique products and services. Amathus supply a full range of well-known brands, and pride ourselves on our sole exclusive agency portfolio, of distinctive and individual products, which our expert team selectively import from all over the world. We provide a complete range at very competitive prices, offering direct delivery nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our fast growing team. This position is office based, is a senior role and as such requires a very good knowledge of the industry and solid relevant experience. Exceptional organisational skills and a very good eye for detail are a must for this role.
- You will be the face of Amathus for the supplier, engaging in dynamic category development, supplier relationship development and negotiation, and reciprocal trade.
- You’ll drive cost savings and ultimately improve company profit through well-negotiated market-leading supplier terms.
- You will develop commercial income and ongoing support from your supply base.
- Your sourcing of innovative products will strengthen our agency portfolio.
- You will oversee effective ordering and stock management of category products.
- Directly managing the category Purchasing Administrator, you will ensure target stock holdings are adhered to, reducing any overstocks and ensuring efficient and effective commercialisation of the product.
- You’ll manage cost pricing and administration of products within our central systems.
- You will ensure retro claims are generated in a timely manner.
- Educated to Degree level (preferably in a Mathematical/ Economical/ Logistical Field)
- WSET Level 2 or greater, or equivalent knowledge
- 2 years previous purchasing experience (preferably in a drinks/FMCG-based role)
- Must be computer literate (able to use Microsoft Office proficiently)
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and organisational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- High levels of self-motivation and a good work ethic
This role would be perfect for seasoned buyer looking for a new challenge, and to develop within the drinks industry in a growing and dynamic company.