Warehouse / Transport Manager
Successfully manage the operation to achieve optimum operational and financial performance, consistent customer satisfaction and good employee engagement, within the boundaries of all related company and customer policy and procedure, legislation and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure site rules and regulations are met at all times
- Overseeing the appropriate servicing and maintenance of all vehicles ensuring they are legally compliant as well as clean.
- Understand, manage, and help to resolve customer service issues regarding delivery, distribution and despatch to ensure all aspects are on time and in full
- Responsible for managing the loading and unloading of all vehicles, managing all goods in through warehouse (booking in loads etc.) while planning and scheduling the delivery of goods making sure that delivery deadlines are met
- Developing robust processes & policies and implementing new processes and procedures
- Working closely with the sales team to achieve service industry deliveries to our clients while taking into account transport capacity and planning ahead accordingly
- Oversee the smooth running of the warehouse (orchestrating and structuring workflow) and ensuring all warehouse staff are performing tasks in a safe and efficient manner (regular spot checks and inspections being essential).
- Liaising with the purchasing department to make sure consumables and packing materials are available for the dispatch process.
- Maximizing accuracy, productivity and space utilization in the warehouse.
- Organising work schedules and staff breaks for the warehouse team.
- Must reside within a 10 mile radius of NW10 7ST.
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Logistics and distribution management experience
- CPC Holder
- Can influence and communicate effectively with staff
- Must have excellent knowledge of the latest transport legislation
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter, evidence that you hold the right to work in the UK and your CV. Please note that we will not consider applicants without these. No Agencies.