For over 40 years, Amathus Drinks has been distributing drinks to both on-trade bars and restaurants, and off-trade wine & spirits shops. We sell directly to consumers too, through our own shops in London, Brighton and Bath. We are the importing agent for a broad range of spirit and liqueur brands, and have significantly expanded the portfolio of wine producers that we are agents for. We also distribute other, non-agency drinks brands.
About the Role
Amathus is investing for growth. That means expanding our national, B2B wholesaling business by growing share of customers, as well as by acquiring new customers, especially in the off-trade sector. It also means building our B2C retail business through greater footfall in store and through rapid growth in online sales. To do that, we are building a strong marketing organisation, following recruitment of a new Head of Marketing in autumn 2020.
Our marketing strategy puts digital first, though will be an integrated marketing programme embracing both online and offline components. We are also revolutionising our online presence. AmathusDrinks.com has transformed, with a new website built on Magento 2 ecommerce technology. That gives us a strong platform around which to build B2B and B2C digital marketing programmes that connect directly to business results.
We are therefore hiring a Digital Marketing Executive to drive the online side of our marketing programmes and working side-by-side with our eCommerce Magento Specialist. They will bring their understanding of SEO and content creation, PPC, social and email marketing, to help build an integrated digital programme. From time to time, they will also be involved in supporting offline events, but the role will be primarily focused on digital activity.
This will grow awareness of Amathus, build understanding of the range of products that we provide, acquire and nurture B2B sales leads, acquire and nurture B2C customers, and grow both B2B and B2C ecommerce traffic.
- SEO / PPC planning: keyword / key-phrase analysis to identify opportunities for SEO-supporting content, on-site SEO actions and PPC campaigns
- SEO execution: on-site SEO, particularly for content beyond product details, as well as working with the eCommerce Specialist to optimise product details
- PPC / digital ads: execute PPC or other digital ad campaigns to drive traffic beyond SEO, including working with eCommerce Specialist on sales-driving actions
- Content strategy: identify content opportunities (written, image or video), working with the Head of Marketing, to support on-site SEO and build the Amathus brand
- Content execution: creating blogs, whitepapers / ebooks, simple graphics and video, and liaising with internal designer, buyers and product experts to deliver additional content
- Social media: support the running of central Amathus accounts (Twitter, Insta, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn) to signpost content, promote products / events, engage customers...
- Email: run central Amathus email for customer engagement, lead nurturing, events promotions and sales-driving product promotions, with potential for marketing automation
- Events: from time-to-time, support running of offline events such as tastings, as well as amplifying them digitally
- Minimum 3-4 years’ digital marketing experience, with a particular focus on SEO, its relationship with content, content creation, and supporting with PPC / paid-digital media
- Experience with both B2B and B2C marketing is preferred
- Experience in an ecommerce environment is a plus
- Prior experience with drinks is a bonus, but the desire to develop a deep understanding of our products and brands is essential
- Strong knowledge of Google marketing tools, especially Analytics and Ads is a must, as is experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush, MOZ or equivalent
- Experience with social media tools like Hootsuite, Buffer or equivalent is an advantage
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
- Self-starter, comfortable in an entrepreneurial, medium-sized business environment
£30-40,000 depending on experience
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.