Mixed Syrah & Shiraz Selection
- Buy 6 for £103.40 each
- Buy 12 for £96.80 each
- Buy 18 for £90.20 each
Our special offer collection case of 6 Syrah and Shiraz wines from France, Australia and Portugal, specially selected by our Masters of Wine to show the versatility of this excellent grape variety.
Is it Syrah? Is it Shiraz? Wondering what all the fuss is about?
Whether in its cooler, elegant Syrah style, typical of its home in France's northern Rhône Valley, or in its big, bold Shiraz idiom, made famous by Australia, this is one of the most versatile grape varieties there is. From fruity, spicy, barbecue wines to brooding, structured, titans, demanding decades in the cellar, Syrah can do it all.
16th February is International Syrah Day, which gave us an opportunity to celebrate the grape in all its glory, and launch our new, mixed case collection, showing some of our favourite expressions of the grape from our Syrah and Shiraz range.
Priced as a special offer, we have assembled a range of 6 different Syrahs and Shirazes made by our producers, that can be drunk now (no titanic cellaring required!), and which show off Syrah’s range:
- Roland Grangier, Syrah des Collines: an approachable, medium-weight, easy-drinking northern Rhône Syrah, with juicy, dark berry fruit
- Laurent Habrard, Crozes-Hermitage: a more tannic, classic example of northern Rhône Syrah that can be drunk over the next 5 years
- Quinta do Monte d’Oiro Tinto: a Syrah from Obidos, north of Lisbon, where ex-Chapoutier winemaker, Gregory Viennois, brings the northern Rhône to Portugal
- Penley Estate, Atlas Shiraz Coonawarra: a bright, black-fruited Shiraz with a kiss of oak, from the renowned Coonawarra district of South Australia
- Gilbert, Shiraz Orange: from vines planted at 8-900m above sea level, this wine from Orange in New South Wales gives a fresher, premium take on Aussie Shiraz
- Head Wines, Old Vines Shiraz Barossa: a classic, powerful Barossa Shiraz, from gnarled vines up to 100 years of age, including the one in the picture above
|Grape Variety||Syrah / Shiraz|
|Main Grape||Syrah / Shiraz|
|Flavour||Ripe & Spicy|
|Pack Format||75CL X 6|