Riesling Exploration Collection
- Buy 6 for £84.60 each
- Buy 12 for £79.20 each
- Buy 18 for £73.80 each
Our special offer case of 6 Riesling wines takes you on an exploration of this great grape variety, with expressions from around the world.
Our Masters of Wine have selected mainly dry examples from Riesling's traditional homes in Germany, France and Austria, as well as from Australia, Washington State and even Luxembourg, to showcase its range. And you save over £10!
Riesling is one of the world's great grape varieties. On 13th March, Germany honours Riesling's Birthday, which gave us reason to celebrate this exceptional variety with, a mixed case Exploration Collection, to showcase expressions from different parts of the world, from our extensive Riesling range.
Riesling is a grape with a strong personality, with its vibrant acidity, limey citrus character and capacity to age. But it can also express a 'sense of place', with subtle nuances of flavour and character that reflect where the grapes are grown. This is particularly evident with drier expressions of the grape.
Priced as a special offer, we have therefore assembled a range of 6 Rieslings, made by our producers, that can be drunk now, and which are all in the drier style of Riesling:
- Werner, Classic Riesling: from Germany's Mosel region, this is a fine example of delicate, floral and minerally, dry German Riesling, with its rapier-like acidity
- Charles Sparr, Riesling Tradition: from Alsace in north-east France, this is a typical dry, weightier style, with lime, green apple and an earthy spiciness
- Gruber Röschitz, Riesling: from Weinviertel in lower Austria, this has typically lively acidity, but brings out Riesling's floral side, along with lime-citrus flavour
- Bernard-Massard, Clos des Rochers Riesling: from vineyards on Luxembourg's west bank of the Mosel comes this racy, citrus and peach number
- Gilbert, Single Vineyard Riesling: from Australia's classic Eden Valley in the equally-classic, bone-dry style, with pure lime fruit and smoky overtones
- Powers, Columbia Valley Riesling: Washington State has emerged as a zone for Rieslings, and this shows their zesty, mandarin style with fruit sweetness
|Flavour||Crisp & Fresh|
|Pack Format||75CL X 6|