Retail Assistant Manager
Amathus Drinks operates five specialist retail outlets where we offer unique and exciting wines beers and spirits in London, Brighton and Bath.
Our stores are instrumental in showcasing our agency, premium brands and wine portfolio to the consumer, alongside our wholesale brands, where we are already a leading player in the national market.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Amathus retail team as an Assistant Manager at our Bath Store. Supporting the store manager, you will be about the wines, spirits, beers and excellent customer service.
We are seeking a self-motivated, proactive retail sales professional with an extensive knowledge of boutique wines and craft spirits. You will be offering guidance and advice on our extensive retail range and be actively involved in all areas of the day-to-day running of the shop, including helping with social media drives, distiller and winemaker master classes, wine tastings, stock reviews and stock takes.
Opportunities for further study will be available and encouraged. This is a full time position and you will be responsible to the opening and closing of the premises.
Requirements and Qualifications
- First class customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in retail essential, ideally with some management experience
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong drinks knowledge WSET level 2 essential, (level 3 preferred)
- Experience of EPOS system however, full training of system used will be given
- Well organised with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to move and carry heavy stock items
Desired WSET Qualifications
Level 2 Award in Wines (or Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits)
If you are interested in applying, please type WINE AND SPIRIT ADVISOR in the subject line and send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com